Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday 18th February…thinking about Roy

I heard last week some sad news that my friend Roy is not in the best of health.ppppp_002_thumb

Roy here with his two favourites ladies, his partner Eileen on the left and her sister in law Irene on the right.

I have know Roy for over 14 years and I had the pleasure and honour to spend a great deal of time with him when he was first afflicted with Alzheimer's.

Five hours a day,  five days a week, for over 6 years Roy and I would go out on outings and we did many things together and in all that time Roy was a perfect gentleman, always smiling and always ready to tease.  Every morning that I went to the house to pick him up he was there at the door a big smile on his face and his hat in hand.

I remember numerous times we would meet some of Roy’s old customers and they would stop and chat.  Roy had no idea who they were but he always pretended like he did.  When I saw those same men in the restaurant where I used to work they all said the same thing about Roy.  When you did business with him there was never a contract just a hand shake.

Roy has been in a care facility now for over three years and the last time I saw him before I left in November he was the same as ever.

I am so sorry he is not well and I know I am a better man for knowing and being with Roy and how blessed I am to have had him in my life, keep smiling Big Man!!!!!

Spent all morning doing more chores, this time it was inside Ramona, she is now spic and span and as shiny as the day I got her.  Did some outside work also and then I just had to sit by the pool and finish of my latest novel, cool down in the pool and I then decided it was fish for dinner tonight, so I got out the trusty rod and off to the rocks.

Paco (Frank) I just want you to know that Mr.Pearson here with his $15.99 Wal-Mart special rod has now landed three fish….and you with your fancy nancy rod ZERO< ZIPPO<NONE…

 

IMG_4112 IMG_4113

This fish is called Lupita and I immediately put her back in the ocean.

After fishing a few hours I decided to go for a walk on the beach and I could not believe my eyes……3 WHALES RIGHT ON THE BEACH,    HOW AMAZING!!!

 

 

 

 

IMG_4117

Supper tonight was pork chops, baked potato and fresh tomatoes, very nice thank you…

I did connect with the kayak man today and I have arranged for a kayak trip tomorrow.

I know you are miles away on the south coast of France but Karen the message is still the same….have a great birthday and thanks for your friendship all these years…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...