Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday 8th February..Ramona is SICK!!!

This is a photo of Gail and Larry from last night, we are again celebrating Larry’s 65th Birthday!!IMG_3928We have been friends close to 30 years and share lots of wonderful and sometimes sad times together.  Happy Birthday and thank you for  your friendship and companionship!!

Yesterday I never mentioned it here but Ramona’s house batteries died on me.  It was I think a combination of me having the fan on all day and inadvertently leaving the closet door open all day, the door has a light that comes on when the door is open.  Then yesterday evening the fridge starting acting up and stopped working.  I checked the manual and the signal the flashing lights from the fridge were giving me,  tells me to contact the dealer.

With these problems I weighed up my options and figured the best course of action was for me to leave Rincon a day early and make the long drive back to La Placita, where Barb and Frank are staying and hopefully Frank or some one else in the Rv park can help with my problems.  I did figure the drive here, over 300 miles would re charge the batteries.

So I left at 8am this morning and apart from the occasional animalIMG_3930 arrived back at La Placita at 6pm.  This is the path to the park..IMG_3933 IMG_3934

 

 

 

 

 

 

Barb and Frank are great and had something to eat waiting for me and Frank checked out the fridge and will do some testing tomorrow.  The drive did re charge the battery, so hopefully tomorrow all will be well with Ramona.

It was a long hot drive and I am a little tired but apart from the fact I had to throw away all the food in the freezer and fridge, I am doing great.

This is the first issue I have had with the inner workings of Ramona and I have learned a lesson already and intend to get more competent with the knowledge of the workings of the power and appliances this summer.

I am going to stay here till Wednesday when I make my journey further south to Zihuatanejo, which will in further posts be identified as, Zit.

Hope the weekend was a good one and if anyone sees my brother tell him I hope his e mail finger is healing nicely!!!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

There is nothing more frustrating and discouraging than fridge problems! If it turns out to need a replacement circuit board, consider one from here: http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/

In the meantime, to keep you in Mexico, I know you are short on space but perhaps one of the small "Bar Type Fridges" from Sam's Club that you could run off the inverter while you are moving. They are quite cheap and it could be sold when you get home. Anything to keep from having to go home early!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...