Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thursday 5th February..a driving day

Had a great sleep very peaceful and quiet and left Barra at 8am and drove for two hours before stopping for gas and pulled into the back of the station and made breakfast.

The road to P. Vallarta is quite narrow and steep and almost impossible to pass.IMG_3852

IMG_3857

Big trucks and motor homes are not allowed through the down town part of the city so this is a long range view of the church.IMG_3859

The detour around the town takes you through two tunnels.IMG_3862

IMG_3861

Before coming out on the hotel zone.IMG_3863

The traffic was terrible and I had to use what they call the laterals, which are the side roads where the buses travel and it was not a pleasant journey.

I found a parking space and got some groceries and then made my way to the airport with plenty of time to spare and a good job because I could not find anywhere to park.  The parking lot is a circular one and there was only one space for a motor home and it was taken so I did laps around the airport ring road for about 40 minutes till that parking sport opened up and I was able to park.  My friends, Gail and Larry,  were one hour late which was no problem and soon we were on our way north for about 45 minutes to Rincon de Guayabitos.

They always rent the same apartment and it is lovely and on the ocean.  It is a quiet side street so Ramona is again parked on the street and she seems safe.

It is nice to visit with my friends we go back a long time and another added bonus is that Larry is fluent in Spanish.

The plan is to stay here for a few days, visit, go whale watching and help celebrate a big birthday.

Blessings to all from sunny Mexico…

1 comment:

Croft said...

I am glad you found the by-pass road at PV Les. Even your rig would have a tough time getting through downtown!

It is cloudy in Cancun and both of us are down with stomach problems. We will take the ferry over to the Isla tomorrow. Today we rest and share the toilet.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...