Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday 15th February…I promise a shorter post than yesterday..

Hope your Sunday was a good one.  I was invited by my neighbours at the RV park,  to go with them by bus to a small town called Barra de Potosi.

We had an interesting journey there,  the first bus stopped right outside the gate of the park and it was a 5 pesos ride into down town Zit.  from there we walked around the corner to the bus to Barra de Potosi.  This was about 30 minutes and cost 10 pesos. 

So much of the fun is getting to these places and this bus was no exception apart from the drive they have a helper usually a teenager who collects the money, helps the Mum’s get on and off, carries groceries and shouts out the stops.

This bus dropped us off at the side of the highway and the junction to the road taking us the three miles to the beach.

This was our next means of transportation, another 10 pesos.IMG_4063

IMG_4064 Very relaxed on this ride.

We soon arrived and our walk through the parking lot found someone having their lunch.IMG_4067

We left our bags at this restaurant, ever see a restaurant with tables and hammocks?IMG_4068

The beach was a pretty oneIMG_4070

IMG_4069

at one end a lagoon flows into the ocean.IMG_4072

I took Bram the boogie board  had one or two good rides in but really the waves were not good for boarding.

I am always amazed at the local kids here at the beach they usually don’t have any toys or water equipment but they sure know how to have fun!!IMG_4073

It was a good trip and I enjoyed the company.  Had a great supper and now sitting outside and it is 9.30pm listening to the Canucks hockey game and another day gone by.

This is day 101 of my journey and what an incredible adventure, thanks for sharing!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...