Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday 12 th November 2021..delivery day!!

Reyes and I did the food delivery today to the village Morelos…..


We had thirty boxes of essential food items, some fruits and veggies and some warm blankets and jackets.





As usual we were greeted with smiles and left with many thanks.
















Little Emily loved her blanket and told Reyes that she would not be cold again at night!!!!!!






One of the families were using the old barrel to cook and we told them that next week we would bring them out an Eco friendly stove which would help with the cooking facilities, be more energy efficient and eco friendly and importantly save for the children to be around!!





Always come home feeling humble and blessed.


If you would like to donate cash, unwanted items, warm clothes of blankets please contact me at

mexicokid77@yahoo.com


This afternoon took Frida on a great walk..


A friend told me that my plants needed more sunshine so I moved them all to my roof….I actually like that is frees up my stairs nto the casita and now they have a home with a nice view of the mountains!!



my last thing to do today was to meet with Vanessa, my young student and for a change I took my iPad to the cafe where we meet and gave her a slide show of my family, trips and other things ..she really enjoyed that, she is amazing and her English really good!!





 stay safe and healthy!


Yashi Kochi!!


1 comment:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, where do they get fuel for the stoves? Do they just use wood or mix wood with other types of fuel?

I've been watching the BBC world news and noticed that the migration of Kurds out of the Turkish/Iraq border area is now occurring through Bellarush (may be bad spelling) and into Poland. The border area into Poland has been barbed-wired off. The Kurds are in ice cold camps at the Polish border and are cutting down the forests to stay warm. Since Poland is a United Nations member, Poland is waiting for the UN to act. Since the US protected the Kurds from the Turks while in Iraq and US is not there now, the Kurds have had to move on. Ironically, Turkey is a member of the UN, too; and they are the cause of the problem.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...