Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday 22nd September 2014….Monday is here again!!!

Boy these weeks go by quickly……a new week started with yoga at 9.30am it really feels good to have lots of stretches after the long Sunday hikes……the class is 80 minutes and I really enjoy the time there and the instructor Alexandjro is very good with all of his students.

I had quite a few chores to do in town and didn’t get back home till after 1 o clock….had some lunch then spent over an hour cooking and I have dinner for tonight and two more dinners in the freezer.

Next on the agenda was to prepare for my class tonight and then I got my novel out and just read and relaxed.

At class tonight I had a lovely surprise my students from last year had no teacher and I was asked if they could join my class and of course I said yes but there was only three of them still it was great to have them in class and of course I had to alter the structure of the class a bit.

For their homework assignment last Thursday I asked them to bring something to class, anything and talk about it in front of the class.

Unfortunately with the extra stuff we had going on did not have time for all the students to show their “things’'” but I was just amazed at the thought and effort they put into it……Christina brought in a plastic bottle and flowers made from the recycled bottles and talked about that…Karina showed us a pair of her Mother’s ear rings that were 40 years old.  Gloria shared a story about a grey hound dog that is a friend of the family…..Victor who is an electrician brought in and told us about LED lights….Marisol brought a photo of her Grandmother who passed away at the young age of 106 years!!!!…..Denise is interested in Japanese cartoons and brought a book on that and finally Miguel who is in college brought in this lovely mirror which he makes in his home and sells for extra cash

DSC08036

Imagine my wonderful surprise when after class he told me that the mirror was a gift from him for me..I was so touched.

Not a great shot of Claudia who is a Dentist came with some teeth to show!!

DSC08035

A big class tonight

DSC08034

The class was thrilled when I showed them what I had brought to show them….. my police stuff from Bermuda…Blanca really loved the Bobby hat!!!!

DSC08033

It was a great evening….

Just a quiet night no sports tonight….

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...