Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday 12th September 2014……Pearson day again!!!!!

Friday’s are now traditionally called Pearson days which means no appointments, no chores and no talking or seeing anyone and for me to go hiking which is exactly what I did today!!!

So I left the house around 10am and walked down to the railway tracks

DSC07780

Then found where I wanted to hike to….

DSC07767

As you will see later the white cross is actually a white cross!!!!

DSC07768

Nice rock formations…

DSC07771

DSC07772

DSC07773

DSC07774

That is the lake in the back ground that is behind L & G’s home and it is still totally flooded.

Great views from the cross….

DSC07776

DSC07777

I then went off to a track that I have often walked down

DSC07783

Some one has a nice tennis court on their property!!!

DSC07782

I was totally amazed when I got here the road is completely flooded as is all the surrounding fields just incredible!!!

DSC07785

DSC07784

DSC07787

DSC07788

All the area in the above shot is normally fields!!

DSC07789

Came across this man having his afternoon siesta!!!!

DSC07792

DSC07793

So I had no choice but to turn around and go back and decided to walk into the center of town I do enjoy walking in town  although I don’t do it often always running around on Little Blackie but walking you get to see so much more like all the little stores everyone trying to make a few pesos!!!

DSC07801

DSC07802

DSC07803

This weekend is the start of a big holiday weekend for Mexican  Independence and every where you see banners, flags and little stands like these

DSC07808

DSC07807

Even the school girls get in on the celebrations

DSC07804

DSC07810

I then decided to go to the public library I have never been  inside before and I was amazed at how big it is and well run I sat for an hour reading a travel book.

I then went into the main Jardin where the beautiful church is located…

DSC07811

I bought the local paper and sat and read it whilst taking in the views, the smells, the noise and the happy smiling faces of everyone!!!

DSC07814

Tells you a little about the celebrations!!

So whilst I am reading this lady comes up to me with a stethoscope around her neck and wants to take my blood pressure ..too funny!!

DSC07817

and then writes down the results…not bad I think!!!!

DSC07818

I then continued my walk and passed this old lady on a step and I knew I had an extra sandwich in my bag and I thought she would need it more than me!!!

DSC07819

I love this photo..she smiled and thanked me and opened it right away I bet she has never tasted a turkey and ham sandwich with apple sauce before!!!!!

I also like these bells…

DSC07820

looking back into the Jardin!!!

DSC07822

There are two Miradors(look out points) in town and this is the view from one of them…

DSC07826

 

DSC07827

Love the zoom on my camera!!!

One of the favorite sayings of locals is that you never ever know what is behind the doors in San Miguel….take this one for instance!!!

DSC07830

What do you think is behind here!!!!!

This is where I play tennis…behind these doors are 3 tennis courts and a RV park for 12 small motorhomes!!!!

I then stopped at a pet food store and bought another hummingbird feeder for the house I know Linda and Guy have some but I shall have to ask Catalina tomorrow where she has put them anyway got this one filled

DSC07832

I just put it out and then the heavens opened and it rained so hard and then thunder and lightening I hope this does not mean tennis is cancelled tomorrow!!

I reckon I walked about 17 miles talked to no one except the hello's to everyone I passed by…did lots of thinking and it was a really nice day!!!!

Wish you all a great weekend.

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...