Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday 15th July 2014......Day 100!!!

You see the Camino chnged my life already how else can you explain that I survived an evening without watching a soccer, tennis, hockey, tiddly winks game!!!!
Today was the day of the road trip wanna come?????

OK you get the tour we are going to Muxia


that and Finestre were considered by the Pilgrims of old to be the ends of the earth, the most western points in Spain!!!

I packed up Wolf and that felt really strange after six days of not packing him up!!!!  Had drinks and sandwiches and set out for the bus station at 8am.....it was a 20 minute walk and located the bus for the 2 hour and 8 Euro trip and we left by 8.45am.....I had a good seat plenty of room on the bus even though it was filled with half pilgrims and half locals and it did make lots of stops in small villages for the local folk.
Arrived in Muxia around 11am and went to the tourist office and planned my three hours by walking out to the cliffs where the beautiful monastary is located it must be the year of the scaffold!!!!!


Some lovely coast line....



Climbed up this small hill to get a panoramic viewpoint!!!


The found this rock called Pedra de Abalar or rocking stone


which is if legend is true used to determine the guilt or innocence of people accused of serious crimes!!

I then found the perfect resting place put Wolf down and thanked him he had carried me and my possessions around for 35 days without one hitch.

I then took the laces out of my shoes I told you a week or so ago what plans I have for my laces(if you forgot go search the blog or wait till I get back to SMA) and laid my shoes down next to me, then my towel, then my two pair of socks, then my sandwich box, my spoon, my cup and my face cloth......You probably think I am nuts and it is so hard to explain but all these items were a huge part of me all this time we all became family so I thanked each one of them for the job they had done and one by one threw them into the ocean..
there goes my cup and nw here comes my shoe




....I then stood up and sang at the top of my voice Amazing Grace and the tears flowed and flowed and flowed!!!
There was something about the ocean for me and seeing things that I had treasured especially those shoes float away it seemed to take all those questions I had had with them......I feel finally almost (I have the Cathedral tomorrow)at peace.....people always asked me why I am doing the Camino and my stock answer was I really don't know perhaps when I have finished i can tell you ...well I know the answers to those questions I know exactly why I did it and I know exactly what it has given me unfortunately these are thoughts and feelings that I cannot write about!
Back to the rocks..the tears of joy ceased and I packed up what little stuff I had left and walked back down to the bus station and at 2.30pm back on the bus and home by 5pm.
I enjoyed this day and my evening was a good one doing the usual.
Tomorrow is my last full day and I intend to do a self guided tour of the Cathedral and go to the noon mass and then come home and go out on the terrace and read and relax and then in the evening go do a little bit of shopping have not bought a thing yet......I fly back to London on Thursday noon.
Thanks for sharing and I know at times I open myself up but i have always been that way but this walk thing it does something to you!!!!!!
Things I learned today.
Secret!!!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...