Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday 13th July 2014.......Day 98!!!

So it was a better game than I thought last night and the Brazil team in my humble opinion got what they deserved ...nothing as I said i was not impressed since day one and now their fans have gone through this agony twice..

This shot a taken last night i know it is a bit fuzzy but I like the shot and the cloud formations!!!



Slept well and woke up and got up at 7am and just took my time this morning and my legs felt really strong again i had a nice breakfast and i cannot seem to put this new book down i am really enjoying it never heard of the author before.
At 11am i went down stairs to meet Isabel and Alejandro and the three of us walked to where their car is parked and off we left on a road trip.  It was so nice of them to invite me and i learned so much today about the political regions of Spain and differences I just used to think of it as a nice country but after walking through changing regions and now speaking to local people it is obviously a much more challenging  a country of factions with in itself....the drive to Illa de Arousa took about 50 minutes and there is a long bridge to get on the Island and we found a place to park and then commenced to walk about 5 km on tracks like this


seeing beautiful small and secluded beaches enjoy the walk i know I did!!!


and yes this is how  most of them swim and sunbathe here!!!!


The walk was good for me I was in my crocs as my shoes are done and the leg felt good again...after we got back to the car we drove into the small town and I & A had lunch this is what i ate


yea I know just kidding...i did not know we would stop for lunch so i had brought my own...
We then drove to another side of the Island parked the car again and then walked by these beaches



to get here the last far a way beach


 where we sun bathed a while and actually went swimming and let me tell you it looks lovely and it is but boy was it cold but it felt really refreshing.


They asked if I wanted to visit the old city of Pontevedra which was close by and i never turn down an invitation and 15 minutes later we arrived it was now around 4.30pm and the streets were deserted.


The local churches were beautiful and this is the only round church in the whole of Spain.



Alejandro asked me if I could see something unusual in this facade


and i could not till he pointed this guy out to me


see what he has on his face??

One of the very very few sculptures with someone wearing glasses.

We stopped and had a drink and watched the people starting to come out it was a lovely town.

Alejandro drove home and close to Santiago he took me this massive complex which was started in 2000 with the majority of tax payers money and designed by an American architect and then after disputes the funding stopped after so many millions had been sunk into the plan and the building sits almost empty since 2002 it is a very sour point with the local Galician community!!!




Well i must thank Isabel and Alejandro


they showed me a spectacular day and I learned so much thanks....did not get home til 7pm...in time to have a long shower a nice meal that i prepared yesterday and then I sat down and watched the World cup final I honestly predicted it would go to a penalty shoot out and was heading that way till out of  no where and with 5 minutes left to go in Extra time Germany scored and were I  think the deserved winners!!!
So a long day but a god one..people are always so kind to me.
I learned today that sometimes things don't always go as you wish them  to but there are reasons for this.......
Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

sylvia said...

La Buena vida!!

mexicokid said...

or as they say in Costa Rica "Pura Vida" thanls L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...