Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday 14th July 2014....Day 99!!

Broken record man back with reports of a good sleep till 8.30am after a long shower I sat and assessed my body (now calm down ladies!!!!!)......my toes, feet ankles and legs all have no sign of wear and tear and because i have been creaming them twice a day they feel like a babies you know what........I feel really strong again and know if needed I could go out and hike at least 35km no problem!!!!!
So medically I am in wonderful shape......emotionally well...........i feel happy, a tiny bit proud of what i have just accomplished, relaxed but as yet no feelings about that church!!!!!
The Camino did provide me with answers for some personal issues and it has changed me in subtle  ways.....I feel that I am a better prepared man going back to SMA and i also feel that I have lots left to give and I intend to do that....
So when I look at the whole picture I figure that I am a blessed man with friends who care about me and I have challenges to face and look forward to them and I am embracing everyday.
Again I want to thank you and you know who you are for doing what you have done for me especially the last 35 days!!!!!
In January in SMA I was invited to dinner  at Jecka's house and she had a couple from England visiting her she wanted  me to meet and I met Mal and Tom and they were just the loveliest couple and small world their son and DIL and Grandson live very close to Santiago...anyway we have kept in touch and when we realized we would all be here at the same time we arranged to meet today so M & T took the train into town where I met them and we walked up into the old city found a nice restaurant with outside tables and had lunch, drinks and chatted for 4 hours


It was really nice they wanted to know all about my Camino and were genuinely interested and I found as i was telling some stories i was getting tears in my eyes just talking about them, tears of joy, so I take that as a good sign!!!!!!!!!
Anyway we had a great visit thanks for taking the time away from your family to come visit with me!!
After they left it was about 4pm and i decided to go and get my certificate...so the passport that i kept telling about getting stamped every place i stayed i had to show that and in return got a very lovely document signed and stamped.
I then decided it was time to go to the Cathedral  which is huge...I walked around marveled at it's beauty and realized that I needed to see it when i was more prepared and there is an audio tour stick you can rent so I will do that on Wednesday.  One negative observation is that I saw about 7 confessionals with Priests in them waiting for "clients"..the doors were open and they were just sitting there reading and looking bored.
I got home around 7pm had supper a shower and got my stuff ready for tomorrow I am taking the bus to the coast to do a ceremony with some of my gear.....forgot to tell you that i wanted to give my Mexico shirt that I walked in most days to Eliza and I did and she loved it, she is also back home in Poland I just heard from her now.  The rest of my stuff I have plans for tomorrow.
Things I learned today.
There are so many just plain and simple nice people in my world!!
I like the sunshine.
I am so waiting to try one of Janet'swingies!!!!!

You are all the best!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!!

4 comments:

Rick said...

Of course we all know it's the journey not the destination Les.
You made the incredible journey. You proved you could physically do the impossible.
An old church covered in scaffolding with a bunch a priest waiting for confessors was not your goal. It was internal and now you will grow from it.

mexicokid said...

thanks Rick for the words and I agree but i just know that there is still something left here that I need to sort maybe it will not be here where i do the sorting cheers L

living.boondockingmexico said...

I'm glad you're back! You have accomplished what most people will never even know exists. Good on ya!

mexicokid said...

thanks big guy I appreciate that L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...