Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday 27th September 2013……….the hike day!!!

As usual today was my big hiking day and after breakfast I set out on a route that I knew a little but a bit of a mystery tour

on the street outside my casita I saw this pooch

DSCF1352-001DSCF1352

he was having a back rub..

 

 

…..I had lots of food and drinks and my music so I walked on the side of the highway for 4 km

DSCF1353

this weekend in San Miguel is going to be a bit crazy huge celebrations for the Arch Angel san Miguel and I think this man is on his way to town.

 

and then onto the side gravel roads…the fall flowers are quite lovely

DSCF1365

DSCF1358

DSCF1359

 

 

I was enjoying myself so no one

DSCF1363

After about 9 km I came in to the little village I was aiming for and saw the most unusual site outside the local church

DSCF1370

there was no one around so funny!!!

DSCF1373

 

 

DSCF1376

After the village I knew where I was heading about 8 km along a paved and then gravel path to another small village saw some animals along the way

DSCF1383

DSCF1379

Then the photo of the day!!!

DSCF1384

Just saw her parents pushing her down the road asked for permission to take her photo and she was so sweet and she also got some gum from me…

DSCF1385

The high level of the river after the recent heavy rains.

DSCF1393

I have no idea what these folks were doing a long way from anywhere

DSCF1392

Glad I did not meet this guy when he was alive

DSCF1395

I ordered a safety bracelet a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday so wear it when I go off into the wilderness on my own…..has my name , age and three friend’s phone numbers listed and then the quote which I stole from Nike Corperation…’JUST DO IT”…..just a safety precaution…

Well I was gone 6 hours and I reckon I walked about 28 km and I enjoyed it but a little tired and iced down the knees as a precaution

DSCF1399

The end of an era!!!!

DSCF1398

My shoes are done!!!!

What a journey for these shoes since 2011 they have crossed the breadth of the USA into Newfoundland and Labrador…down the Eastern sea board of the USA…took a cruise to Bermuda and then into  Mexico and last year they went to 17 Countries in Europe..so they are well travelled and served me so well!!!

Tonight  I went to Carolyn's for pea soup which was really good we were going to watch a movie but I was too tired….better get a good rest supposed to play tennis tomorrow  but it just rained so hard…wish you all a great weekend.

Yashi Koshi!!

5 comments:

Sue and Brian said...

Re previous comment - you now have a "sitemeter" that counts visitors to your site above your name and About Me at the top of the blog. Now it seems when anyone clicks on any blog that has this widget it activates to try to get you to install it on your computer/blog to. We are forced to either install it or cancel to opt out. It is a pain. We do not want it. Bad marketing on that companies part if you ask me......B

mexicokid said...

sorry cannot answer this cheers les

living.boondockingmexico said...

It's appearing on all our blogs.

Great hike you made. Long, I bet tomorrow you're laying low and relaxing. Great pics!!!!

mexicokid said...

NO>>>>had two hours of singles tennis..felt great cheers les

Croft said...

You would be safe around that snake Les. It is a Corn Snake or 'Rat Snake", venom-less and harmless. They will bite if they are harassed or cornered but are otherwise harmless (unless you are a rat).

The annoying Sitemeter popup is a fault in Internet Explorer and can be avoided by using Chrome or Firefox.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...