Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday 25th September 2012….a long but good drive!!!

I said goodbye to Gail and Larry at 8.30am this morning after another wonderful visit with them..they always treat me so well and I cherish our friendship.

I knew today would be a long driving day and Gail had me stocked up with food and drinks and about 2 hours later after passing scenery like this

DSCF5801

DSCF5805

I arrived at the USA border there was about 10 minute line up and the agent who attended to me took about 5 minutes…she was very polite but I just got the impression she was trying to “get” me…the questions varied from where I was going, how long, any fruit, veggies, meat, how much money, how long in the States, where I derive my income from…I was very polite and only answered the questions she asked and when there was no more questions she waved me through!!!

DSCF5808

I had researched my route and I wanted a direct route but trying to avoid the Interstates as much as possible and it was very scenic and the roads quiet.

DSCF5810

DSCF5809

Corn on the cob anybody??

DSCF5815

Late in the afternoon I entered another State!!

DSCF5816

I stopped when needed for lunch and stretching and at 7pm and 880 km later I arrived at the Colonial Motel in Ontario, Oregon almost on the border with Idaho.

DSCF5818

The room is very clean and very basic and all I need is a good sleep and shower and this will be fine….all for 35 dollars!!

So to sum up the day driving Yaretzi was very easy and much faster than Ramona….Larry the Mexican cruise control could not have worked any better…..every 40 minutes or so on a straight stretch of road I would use it and bend my knee and stretch……you are a Master craftsman!!!

Another advantage was that I only put 50 dollars of gas in the tank…the cooler with the drinks and food worked out fine too…so obviously I miss the comforts of Ramona but this new mode of travel is easy and good.

image1 is Kelowna and 2 is Ontario!!!

Oregon is a tax free States so I am off to the Wal-Mart to do some shopping then coming back for a long hot shower and bed…life is good.

I want to say a special hello to Heather and hope you had a good day at work and the boys helped you today …I miss you and the family and of course THE DOG as well!!!!

1 comment:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Will follow you every day along your trip, you are living my dream!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...