Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sunday 9th September 2012…first day without Ramona!!!

After 24 hours I realize that yesterday I was quite numb and sad at the prospect of selling Ramona but this morning I know it was the right decision and I am really happy she is with good people and now I can start to begin this new chapter of my life.      over 1000 nights sleeping together…..80000 miles…….so many amazing vistas……and meeting so many friends…..she was a great friend to me!!!

Inga had invited me to join her and her probus hiking group friends on a hike to

DSCF5530

about a 90 minute drive north.

We car pooled and arrived at the hike site around 10am…it was a bit overcast but not cold and the 15 of us set off on this trail..

DSCF5532

Around this area is Mount Washington Ski resort and the hike was through very pretty Alpine meadows!!!

DSCF5535

DSCF5536

DSCF5543

DSCF5545

After about 6 km we stopped by the side of the lake for lunch and these birds, Whiskey Jacks were are entertainment!!!

DSCF5540

DSCF5552

My feet make a good table!!

DSCF5551

This was hilarious!!!!  This is me taking a photo of Inga feeding a bird crumbs from her hand as soon as this photo was taken the bird took off swooped and took the cookie that was on Inga’s plate and was gone so fast!!!

DSCF5558

Just so pretty countryside…

DSCF5560

Just when you think you have seen everything on a hiking path!!!

In all we walked about 10 km and it was very enjoyable the people were very friendly and chatty!!!

Was home by 4pm in time to see the last few games of the women’s tennis final from New York and it was an awesome display of women’s tennis!!!!

Had a long bath and Heather coked a good old fashioned Sunday roast dinner…….

A quiet evening watching TV with the family and one of the shows was 60 minutes where they interviewed one of the Navy seal’s who had written a book about the capture and killing of Bin Laden…a very thought provoking show!!!!

waterThanks Vera for sending me this quotation!!

 

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...