Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday 21st September 2012…….2 more sleeps!!!

image

This is the plan…leaving here on the 8.30am ferry Sunday morning and driving to B which is Kelowna to stay with Gail and Larry for 2 nights.  Then leave Tuesday morning heading for C which is Tucson should be there late afternoon Thursday and hopefully get to see Linda and Guy and their family.  Leave early Sunday morning heading to D which is Mazatlan and onto E which is San Miguel hopefully late Tuesday afternoon.  The later part of the route may change still debating which route to take in Mexico…from Nanaimo to SMA 5200 km!!!

Spent the early part of the morning having coffee with Chris, we have been friends for years and he is the one who so faithfully transcribes my blog into book form and does an amazing job..thanks.  I then did errands and last minute shopping and back to the house for noon.

I spent the afternoon packing and I have just about everything in and well packed and I am amazed at the room I still have left this is a great little vehicle.

This evening we rented a movies which I suggest you all see “The best Exotic Marigold hotel” a really fabulous movie….Eddi, Ross and Stephen came over and half way through the movie was paused for cake!!!   What a nice surprise..

DSCF5706Pura Vida roughly translates to  a Good life!!!

DSCF5710

DSCF5712

Heather                                                                                                            Eddie

Thanks for the cake and best wishes and it was a really nice way to spend the evening.

So tomorrow my last day in Nanaimo for a while….this has been my home for almost 20 years so many happy memories and many special and wonderful friends here who I shall so miss!!!!

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

Wow, that's a ton of driving in a short period of time! But, we'll be doing the same thing next month. Leaving from Ottawa and heading for Valle de Juarez and Hacienda Contreras!

www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...