Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Monday 14th May 2012..Driving Ms.Annie!!!

I spent a little while this beautiful morning driving my good friend Annie to some places…she bought some lovely hanging baskets and a few other bedding plants and then some errands before I dropped her off at home.

Then it was time for a quick sandwich and off to pick up Karen and this afternoon we were planning to hike to Hart lake in Ladysmith!!

Map picture

After asking at the tourist office we found the trailhead..

DSCF9300

We started out on a flat trail that then turned into about 20 minutes of straight uphill!!!

DSCF9302This was tough going but the reward at the summit was worth it!!!

DSCF9303

DSCF9304

DSCF9306

Really quite lovely we sat here for a while getting out breath back and Karen had brought some strawberries and a delicious cup cake which was devoured instantaneously!!!

We were feeling good so decided to do the longer loop around another lake!!

DSCF9310

On the way back we found this overlook that we overlooked to find on the way up!!!!  Does anyone but me think that sentence if funny???

DSCF9315

The views on the way back to the car!!

DSCF9299

DSCF9318

DSCF9297

It was a beautiful hike and we were gone just over 4 hours and reckoned we walked about 15 km!!!

Back to Karen's house where we cleaned up and then to the Fox and Hounds, a British pub where Karen treated me to a really tasty steak and mushroom pie!!!

All these kind treat were my reward for cutting her hedges last week!!!!

Back again to Karen’s house where we watched a movie..well to be accurate I watched a movie whilst Karen snoozed on the couch I guess the hike was too much for her!!!!

Thanks Karen for a great afternoon and evening!!

Back home and almost midnight I better hit the hay……..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...