Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday 29th December 2009…… a fun day..

I knew it had to happen sooner or later…I woke up to a cloudy day, and it stayed that way most of the day.

I had arranged to pick up the girls at 11.30 am this morning and when I arrived at Casa Hogar Daniela was waiting for me and the Madre told me that Paola had gone to her Grand Mothers home.

So Daniela and I went and found a taxi and we went to the restaurant where I took them last week to make the gingerbread houses as they had bicycles there to ride and they seemed to enjoy that but as we got there we told the restaurant was closed until tomorrow.  We kept the taxi and went down town to the market.

As much as I tried I could not get Daniela to have a drink, soda or otherwise or have anything to eat.  We then went into the square and I saw something I thought she would like.

dec29 003

A lady was selling a wand and soapy bubble water.  Daniela picked one out and we walked around the market for a while.

We then decided to go back to Casa Hogar, here she is waiting at the gate.

dec29 005

The first person we saw inside was Daniela’s sister, Lupita!!

dec29 007

The bubbles were a huge hit and we played for quite a while with them, enjoy the kids having fun!!

dec29 008

dec29 012

dec29 017

I really like these next two photos…

dec29 022

dec29 023

Time to leave and Daniela likes the scooter!!

dec29 006

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My next stop was the Mexican version of Wal-Mart for some groceries..

 

dec29 028

I felt a little lazy and still a bit sore from climbing the rock on Sunday but knew I had to go do my laps thinking maybe do a few…but this old body surprised me I did the full 16 running laps and 2 walking, so felt good about that.

About 200 yards from the house is a single line railway which is used for cargo and infrequently I hear the trains going by so I thought I would spend some time down there and wait for a train..

dec29 031

dec29 030

Took my book whilst I waited..

dec29 032

Waited an hour and saw

dec29 033

and

dec29 035

but no train!!!

 

Sara have a good night in Gold River, miss you…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...