Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday 17th December 2009…the sun returns!!!

I can truly say again woke up to a lovely sunny morning!!!!!  It sure did rain hard all day yesterday and all the gardens and trees were sure happy for that.

I did my morning laps again,  the same number 15 running and 2 walking and I felt good.

After breakfast I packed up my cleaning supplies and headed out for Casa Hogar where I was to begin my “work”.

The first job was to wash the Madre’s big truck and then took time to watch the little ones colour.day35 003

They are in the dining room where they have their meals and also do activities.

Next it was onto the windows.

day35 006

Then you know who came home from school!!!!day35 005

Daniela is so funny she is always smiling and here minus one shoe!!

They both asked me about Sara, they know she is back in Canada but they wanted to know about her, how sweet!

Of course they wanted to help.

day35 007

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

day35 008

day35 009

Shortly after this the Madre came out and called the girls and off they went to get their chores done and then showers followed by lunch.

I continued cleaning and saw Robin, the coordinator and she was so happy to tell me that they had managed to raise the money needed to re-fit the kitchen and the money I had brought down was a huge help.  So again thank you to everyone who pledged money for the Great Walk and also others who donated money, you are all wonderful and know your contribution will make a huge difference to these lovely young ladies here in Casa Hogar.

I then went into town to try to find a store where Linda told me the owner would make a water proof cover for my scooter.  I went to look two days ago but couldn’t find it.  Today I did, no wonder no name of the store, no number.day35 011

Anyway found the owner who spoke not one word of English but I think I have made an order for him to make the cover, he took measurements, charged me 300 pesos, about 25 dollars and told me to come back on Tuesday, so we will see what happens.

Back at the house around 3 pm and it was beautiful so life is back to normal, oops sorry Sara I didn’t mean that!!!!!!!day35 013

I do wish you were still here.  I was happy to hear that Sara’s second piece of baggage arrived safely at her home and the best news she told me is that the bottles of Tequila were still intact, way to go girl!!!!!

Tonight I am going back to the church we went to last month for another play reading.  It is a funky little church hall with room for about 50 people and the actors read the script, hope it is as good as the last one, if not it only costs 20 pesos.

Have a great night blessings to all…

2 comments:

Sara said...

I noticed the egg nog on the side table. No wonder you are having such a good time all by yourself today.

mexicokid said...

It was that great Pina drink you found for me!!!! I have one glass per day for medicinal purposes, is that OK Nurse Sara!! Miss you have a great Friday!! L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...