Friday, April 13, 2007


Well what a shock I swore when I left Nanaimo no more snow for me ever, boy was I wrong!!!!! These photos are taken down town Santa Fe, what a great city with all the buildings abode style. The centre is well taken care of, clean, not much traffic and the residents very friendly. The snow made walking a bit messy but did manage to see some lovely sights. The first church is the Cathedral Basilica of St.Francis of Assisi, this is just a beautiful church and I enjoyed it especially as the church that I visited in Real de Cortace in Mexico(that little hide a way town in ruins thro the tunnel) had a huge dedication to Francis of Assisi. Now I thought the church in Mexico was where he was buried because of all the thousands of Native Indians who pilgrimage there, but I may be mistaken by that and will research it when I get back home. The next church is really worth a google, the Loretto Chapel, inside this lovely building is a spiral staircase 23 feet in height and with out any supports whatsoever!!! The story is that the nuns needed to get upto the loft but because the church is so small a normal staircase would take up too much room, so of course they prayed and mysteriously this carpenter appeared and built this staircase in 6 months, just incredible. The town centre is very clean and I love the colours of this State and nearly every building is abode. It was a good idea to get this motel for three days and chill out the storm, now the snow is all gone, but still cool. There is a bus stop right outside the motel and when I got on the bus to pay, the driver said to me senior? Of course!!! One dollar pass good for all day!!!!! Can't beat that. Ready for a monolouge on my travelouge?? Got me thinking about age, as I have a birthday coming along next month. A few years ago I would have been horrified to think I could pass myself off as a senior, but now it is a contest with me everywhere I go I ask for and receive senior rates and do you know it doesn't even bother me that the people selling me things don't question the fact. On this trip I think I have saved at least over 100 dollars by being OLD!!!!! Then I got to thinking where the time goes by and how fast it goes by. When I went back to England in October for my Dad's funeral ( bless him ) I flew into London and took the train to my brother's home in Hull, but I had to change trains in of all places Doncaster. This is the town where I was born and I can remember so clearly that April morning in 1970, my Mum and Dad on the rail station hugging as I left for my adventure in Bermuda. So to stand on that same station 36 years later was a sort of a very sad homecoming, both parents gone and so many years gone by but so many happy memories and who would have thought as a young immature kid of 21 leaving home the adventures that were in store for me. I have a lot to be thankful and a lot of people to thank who took the time for me. Boy I have got motor mouth or what.....let you go and hope you all survived Friday the 13th..

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...