Monday, March 12, 2007

Well today I woke up to rain!!!!!!! Only lasted a short while then back to sunny skies and all is well. I also had my first taste of the US medical system, I needed to see a doctor for a minor complaint and was recommended a doctor from the nurse here at CARE and it was a problem free experience, they took copies of my insurance and driving licence and called the insurance company right away, I saw the doctor within 15 minutes after getting many tests from the nurse. He was competent and friendly and I was out of there within 30 minutes, all very professional and at no charge to me personally. Spent the afternoon sort of lazing although I did do a load of laundry, hung it up outside and dry within the hour. Went for a long bike ride and then went for a run, had supper and started my first shift, as you can see I am not happy in my job!!!! They want us to spend as much time and help with the participants, then I had cleaning of table s, chairs, mopping and vacuuming (yes Heidi and Starr you can laugh at least I wasn't putting cutlery together!!!!) worked up a bit of a sweat but enjoyed the whole thing. Everyone is so friendly I even came home to the motor home to find some one had left some banana muffins for me, how sweet!!!!!! This is a great job, I worked one day and I get tomorrow off, planning to go off some where for the day.....that's all folks take care..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...