Saturday, March 17, 2007

Top of the evening to you, it is late here about 11.30p.m. and I just returned from spending a great day in Houston. Left at 9am and got great directions to the Miller Auditorium where the concert was being held and waiting in line for about 45 minutes for a reserved seat at the concert and was lucky enough to get one 2 rows from the stage. I didn't realize until later that day what a super idea it was to wait in line for a reserved seat as there were over 10,000 people at the concert. My plan was after getting the seat to drive out to the space centre for the afternoon, but I realized this would not be a viable option taking into account the traffic, parking and the fact the space centre is about 25 miles away, so that will have to wait for another visit. So went to plan B, where the Miller auditorium is there are also parks, the zoo and the metro train to down town, so i walked through the parks and took the metro train to down town, what a wonderful service, the cars were very clean and the service top notch and best of all taking advantage of the senior citizen status i was able to ride unrestricted all day for 80 cents!!!!!!!! Down town was lucky enough to catch the last part of the St. Patrick's Day parade. I then walked around down town and realized I haven't been in close quarters in a big city with huge sky scrappers for years. Took the train back out to the park by now it was 3.30pm and very warm so I found a nice spot and sunbathed and read for a couple of hours then went walking towards the zoo. My intention was to find a bathroom but it seems i kept walking into the zoo area and i don't know how but I had not paid any admission and here I was in the heart of the zoo, so I walked around and saw all the animals, I thought it was a better zoo than the one in San Diego ( I know that is not spelled correctly!!) Came back to the van had my picnic supper and then went to the auditorium for the concert. It was incredible to see this great stage with about 1000 seats and then the banks of grass all open and sloped and hundreds of people on blankets or chairs getting ready for the concert. No photography was allowed and the show was just so good!!!! Everything was top class and I really enjoyed this night out and in my opinion they were equally as good as the River Dance performance I saw a few years ago and this concert was free. So I have had a full day of good entertainment and exercise and fun and it only cost me 80 cents!!!!! Only in America....still having photo trouble so by Monday should be lots of photos to see....wishing you all a great weekend....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...