Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Good morning and welcome to the first day of Spring!!!!! I have been doing some reflective thoughts on these past few months and realized what huge changes I have made in my life and the new direction I am heading in, many things to think about and I look forward to new challenges and new roads to be travelled. The last couple of days have been a little over cast and I have worked double shifts to make up for one of the volunteer couples that had to leave and this weekend is busy as the centre is holding a huge garage sale. I am really enjoying being here and it is so rewarding, the participants have so many interesting stories to tell and every one is super friendly. Of course in my slightly "introverted" way I seem to be a bit of a hit with the ladies and in many ways it is so similar to my work at the restaurant, the philosophy that I always used there was if my Mum was in this place this is the way I would want her to be treated. One of the ladies is 92 years old and she usually wins our scrabble game!!!!!. Chuck the guy who has rented me his motor home is 87 years old and he washes dishes, by choice, three times a day five days a week. One gentleman is a retired nuclear scientist, boy the stories he can tell. The single ladies group, I think the youngest member is in her late seventies have invited me to their get go together this Friday, they have a BBQ then card games,I am going to go it should be a hoot!!!!! So you can see this is a place of caring and as usual in places like these I am just totally amazed at the love, caring and compassion of the people who work in them. After months of lazing on beaches and travelling it is nice to get grounded and in a small way contribute and to share in people's lives. Sorry no photos again , will take some this weekend, wishing you all a spring full of good health and hapiness......Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...