Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Wednesday 3rd July 2013…..a good day and an eventful evening!!!

I know it is boring but it is what I did this morning…breakfast with Wimbledon!!!!

I then went to pick up Paola for our regular Wednesday morning date but there was no answer when I banged on her door….so do not know what happened there but sorry I did not get to see her before I left.

When people ask me what I like about living in SMA the following is an example of what I love.

I had to go to the post office to pay a bill and in the office the lady behind the counter was playing with a little boy in a high chair..she spoke perfect English and as she was taking my money the boy started to cry and I asked her what was wrong and she told me he wanted to be picked up so I told her to pick him up and pass him over to me and she did..and the little guy stopped crying right away..we messed around for a few seconds while the lady gave me my change then I pretended to leave with the boy and she laughed and I handed him back to her and waved goodbye to him.  He started to point towards me and make a funny face and I said what is wrong and she said he wants to kiss you goodbye so I went behind the counter and the little guy gave me a peck on the cheek….gotta love it!!!!!

I then went out to L & G’s and packed up the van and then went to poker where I am happy to say my winning ways returned and I won 300 pesos…..went and got the van and was on the road by 4.15pm…it was sunny bright and all was well.

DSCF0201

The first hour was small roads with a bit of traffic but then I hit the toll roads

DSCF0203

and the lanes became 2 and fast

DSCF0208

My tentative plan was to get to Guadalajara before dark and find a hotel but things sometimes do not go according to plan…..on the outskirts of the city it started to rain…

DSCF0202

and then it started to rain really hard and the traffic was nuts….it was a three lane entrance into the city and I was in the middle lane following traffic when all of a sudden a 5 gallon water jug blew across my path and surrounded by vehicles there was absolutely nothing I could do but hit it…….somehow it lodged underneath the vehicle and the noise was terrible…..I was in this steady stream of traffic and managed to get into the near side lane but there was no where to stop and the noise was bad….the first place that I found that I could stop was an on ramp and this was not ideal but I put on the emergency flashers and in the pouring rain got out and saw that the empty bottle was stuck behind the front nearside wheel and the mud flap…..it took me about 2 minutes of pulling and pushing and kicking to get it free…so now back in the van wet through and I kept going.  I decided because of the heavy traffic and the heavy rain to keep going through the city and I did and I knew the next town Tequila was about 30 minutes away and it was almost dark and I know I should not drive in the dark but I kept going and all was going well until suddenly the drivers side windshield wiper flew off!!!!!!!!  Nothing I could do about that and I had to turn off the wipers as it was scratching the window..so now I was driving in the dark, wet and with no wipers…not ideal!!

I took the turn off for Tequila and found a small hotel and checked in…..it is in a safe area I think and the van is parked right outside the front door so should be OK..the room was 290 pesos including tax…..about 24 dollars so you can imagine it is not the Hilton!!!

DSCF0217

The water was hot so a good shower, a bowl of cereal and thanks to Gail and Larry who gave me their Internet stick I can blog…….I drove 235 miles and I enjoyed the day even with the little incidents good job I am not a drinking man as I might have had a tequila in Tequila!!!.

image

 

Yashi Koshi!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wow! So glad u r safe! Sleep well.

Carol said...

Wow! So glad u r safe! Sleep well.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...