Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday 15th July 2013……A productive day!!!

Monday is the day that Pati comes and cleans my casita but I saw her husband yesterday and he asked if she could have the day off as she was planning to visit her Mother in another State and of course I said yes so guess who was Miss.Mop this morning???    Yes I spent over 2 hours doing a thorough clean and I sort of enjoyed it, sort of!!!

Modern technology…. I then spoke to my brother and his family…they have just moved into a one level bungalow in the same town they have lived for many years and Janet told me the move went well and they are settled and just love the new home so I am really happy for them.  Malc told me that he had just booked a holiday in September for 8 days visiting Croatia and Montenegro, 2 countries I visited and loved last summer…they will really enjoy this trip.

I was contacted a few days ago to see if I would be willing to pay for Daniela to go to a summer camp for a month and today was the second week..I said that I would and I also said I would like to visit the camp and would be happy to pick her up every afternoon except Wednesday…so today I went and met the bus and took her and another girl, Ernestine, back to casa Hogar…it was great to see her but she looked tired I think the camp is hard with lots of activities but she told me she really likes it there…so good to see her.

I then went and took Little Bluey back to the garage and picked up Little Blackie and went to visit with Linda and Guy and whilst I was there I planned to do my  big hike on the presa…it was lovely and hot and even with al the recent rains I was surprised to see the water level so low…. banks and rocks I had never seen before.

DSCF0350

DSCF0351

DSCF0352this is one end of the lake and the area you see above is always filled with water so I thought this was a good chance to explre the other side of the lake so off I set straight ahead as you see in the photo….

DSCF0354

3 footsteps and about 6 inches deep I decided it was not such a good idea after all…

DSCF0353

Although the presa is not clean it is the working area for many of the local people!!

DSCF0357

DSCF0358

DSCF0359

DSCF0360

DSCF0363

DSCF0362

I have not taken this track before and it looks OK right???

DSCF0364

WRONG!!!!

To back track would have taken some time so I figured out if I put my camera away, fastened my back pack tight, took a running start I could jump this, not forgetting that I was the undefeated national long distance champion of Rollinson technical school 1962……..modesty prohibits me from telling you how I made out…but I did get applause from some women close by!!!

DSCF0368

DSCF0375

DSCF0373

I reckon I hiked about 18 km and it was fun and relaxing….

Tonight was supper, bath, foot massage in my new foot bath massager…..and now some TV….

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...