Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday 25th July 2013..another whirlwind of a day!!

Finally no rain during the night and tennis at 9am it was good to get back on the courts and I enjoyed the game…..came home for some lunch and laundry detail and then off to pick up Daniela and Ernestine after their camp…Daniela was feeling better today but to me she still looks tired…..we had some treats on the way back to Casa Hogar.

After I dropped them off I went to pick up my friend Karen she had some chores she asked me to help drive her to and I was more than happy to oblige and we did them and after I left Karen back at her house I had some chores to do in town and finally home around 5pm.

It was R & R tonight with some reading on my roof top, a long hot soak in the tub, a nice dinner and now some TV.

 

The article below is taken from the BBC web site it is a very terrible accident……Santiago is the town where my Camino pilgrimage will end next summer.

 

 

 

Dozens have been killed and many more injured in a passenger train derailment in north-western Spain. It is the country's worst train accident for 40 years.

The Alvia 730 series train left the tracks on a bend about 3-4km (2-2.5 miles) from Santiago de Compostela station at 20:41 local time (18:41 GMT) on Wednesday, according to railway firm Renfe.

It was on the express route between Madrid and the ship-building city of Ferrol on the Galician coast. The line to Santiago de Compostela has stretches of high speed track, where trains reach up to 220km/h (136.7mph), before having to slow to 80km/h before the section where the accident took place.

According to eyewitnesses and media reports, the first four carriages derailed on the bend, causing the middle and rear carriages to either flip into the air or crash into those in front.

Graphic of train

Spanish newspaper El Pais reported how the driver said he was doing 190km/h (118mph) as he took the bend - Curva de A Grandeira - where the speed limit is just 80km/h. Officials say one of the train's drivers is now under formal investigation and investigations into what caused the crash have begun.

 

Pura Vida!!

2 comments:

Contessa said...

Perhaps Daniela needs to see a DR. This has been ongoing for quite a while now.

mexicokid said...

Yes I have asked the Madres if they need me to take her..thanks and glad your recovery is getting better each day les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...