Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Tuesday 2nd July 2013…..a slowish day really!!!

Happy Birthday to a special friend Inga and also happy Birthday to the golf king…young Zach is 17 years old today and also in a very important golf competition in BC so good luck!!

The usual breakfast at Wimbledon and then down to the courts for 2 hours of good tennis.  I then went over to L & G’s house for a last minute check and make sure all is ready to pack in the van.

Came home and did laundry, watered the plants then did the canyon hike for about 2 hours and now showered and had supper and just getting my stuff ready here.

The plan tomorrow is to see Paola in the morning and then go to poker and then head straight out on the road around 4pm and drive till just before dark when I will find a hotel hopefully around Guadalajara.

Then Thursday will be a long driving day but I have my music, lots of snacks and drinks and I always enjoy the driving and stop somewhere Thursday evening and be in Puerto Penasco hopefully Friday afternoon.

I am not sure about Internet connections so no worries if there is no blog for a few days but hopefully I can connect with my Banda stick.

These will be the last of the trips down memory lane photos I hope you have enjoyed looking back as much as I did on the original trip.  I am so lucky and blessed to have seen so many of this wonderful planet vistas and to have met so many special people along the way.

1

The summit of Mount Benson, Nanaimo 2008.

3

Canon De Chelley 2010

2

These are the two ladies I had the pleasure or working with for a few years in the restaurant….Shauna on the left and Heidi on the right…both special and wonderful women and we had a ball every shift.  So sad to report that Shauna passed away last year..she will be so missed.

4

Even in England I name things ..this is Stella the trailer and my Tilley the tent…..when Janet, Malc and I toured Europe last June Tilley was my sleeping room..we had a fantastic time!

Yashi koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...