Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday 18th November 2011……just call me McEnroe!!!!

I played a lot of tennis last Winter and my right knee suffered a little with arthritis so this year I still want to play lots of tennis but I know how to treat the knee afterwards and also I am wearing a brace when I play so this morning at 10am I walked the 50 feet to

nov18 001

and enjoyed two hours of good tennis.

Came back to Ramona for a quick lunch and I iced the knee down and then went to Linda and Guy’s where I helped them with some chores as they have their daughter, son in law and Granddaughter arriving tomorrow for a week!!!

Back at the park I had time to read the newspaper and at 4pm back on the tennis court!!

Again enjoyed the game and the weather was perfect.

After the tennis I went a few blocks to the school where the girls take their English class and again teacher Luis invited me to stay…I took a Canadian pencil for each girl and I enjoyed so much participating in the class..here is Paola concentrating so much!!

nov18 012

Luis is really good with the girls here he has them painting their fingers with English words!!

nov18 015

Daniela is painting my fingers!!

nov18 016

It was great to see the girls!!!

I am used by now of the culture of Casa Hogar and how hard it is for the 5 Madres to keep abreast of every situation with the 32 girls and I always ask before if I can take the girls out and I had hoped to have them tomorrow afternoon but was told that the girl’s report cards came home today and the Madres were very unimpressed and sad to say I will not be able to take them tomorrow.  This may seem cruel and not fair but I just accept it and side with the Madres!!

The good news is that there is a Confirmation tomorrow morning in which I think Daniela is taking part at the Church just around the corner from the park so I shall go and then the Madres have invited me to Casa Hogar afterwards for a celebration breakfast!!

After I left the girls and on the way home I stopped at the Church as there was a huge concert taking place …this weekend is the celebration of the Revolution and activities everywhere…

nov18 005

nov18 006

nov18 004

So I am icing my knee as I write.. had a great supper and soon a shower and a movie….I am a little tired but in a good way it has been a very busy week and next week is starting that way as well but I enjoy being busy and helping in some small way with different projects…

I just have to mention the snow fall in Nanaimo and on the mainland and here I am basking!!!!

Wish everyone a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi mexicokid... (Les?)...

I just discovered your blog from a link on the boondocking blog...

Your blog is great! I love the photoblog approach... it adds so much to be able to see photos of the places and people... especially your beautiful girls! I am planning a move to SMA next year, hopefully in the spring, and Casa Hogar looks like it would be a good place to volunteer.

Anyway... just wanted to drop a note and tell you I've enjoyed reading your blog this evening... it's one of the most informative SMA blogs I've found. Thanks!

mexicokid said...

Welcome Carol and thanks for the kind words..the blog has evolved in the 4 years and I just try to write about my day and throw in a little bit of personal stuff....SMA is a beautiful town!!! Blessings Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...