Friday, November 04, 2011

Friday 4th November 2011…….Gators and Texas!!!!

Again lovely and sunny and a bit cool as I did my walk around the RV park…get the blood flowing a wonderful way to start the day.  I left the park at 10am and did some shopping top on the list was to put some Bangers in the freezer and I then drove a few miles out of town for my Cajun swamp tour!!!!

It was a 2 hour tour on this skiff

nnnn4 001The cost of the tour was 20 dollars and well worth it alone for all the information the guide told us..I now know a lot about the feeding, breeding and lifestyles of Gators and some birds….it was at times hard to understand his accent but he sure knew his stuff and it was a wonderful time…sit back and enjoy the show!!

nnnn4 003

nnnn4 005

nnnn4 006

Our first gator!!!

nnnn4 012

nnnn4 017

Second gator!!

nnnn4 026

nnnn4 024

nnnn4 030

nnnn4 039

nnnn4 041

No 3!!!!

nnnn4 048

nnnn4 052

A great trip!!!!

Then it was back on the Interstate for three hours crossing into

nnnn4 058

about 6pm time to stop found a Starbucks with a huge parking lot so I am going to stay here tonight…seems OK and I have Wi fi….

Whilst getting my supper ready I could hear this trumpet playing Christmas carols looked out the door and saw

nnnn4 060Too cute!!!!

Well as my dear old Dad would say about me I am “pontificating” because I have decided to put off my travel plan decisions until tomorrow!!!!

Map picture

Where I am tonight!!

6 comments:

Croft said...

Port Arthur is Janis Joplin's home town. I love Texas!

Paula and Jerry said...

Pontificate this....the little ferry across to Galveston is very enjoyable. Not that we would ever want to tell you what to do!!!

mexicokid said...

Thanks Croft how is the packing going? My intention was to take the ferry but if you insist..I always listen to you guys!!! Cheers Les

Rod and Sylvia said...

So which is more fun, gators or moose?

Elaine said...

I would definitely go to Galveston. I love the gulf islands,you can drive right on the beaches in some areas.

Elaine in Saltair

mexicokid said...

Thanks Elaine i think I will...Rod that first moose was an awesome sight I shall never forget!!!Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...