Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wednesday 11th March…Back on the road again..

I left sunny Zit at 9am this morning waved good bye to the beautiful beaches and my first stop was just out of town at the local tire shop.IMG_4630

  I had noticed yesterday when I was cleaning that one of my tire vale stems and come loose from the bracket and needed 2 very small screws to fasten it back in place.  I was able to make this young man understand what I needed and he runs across the street to the hardware store, comes back with 2 screws cuts then down to a small size and seconds later all was done and the charge 10 pesos, not even one dollar but the young man did get lunch money today.IMG_4628

The first part of the drive was mainly on toll highways which were in very good condition and no Heather NONE of these photos were taken whilst I was driving!!!!  Maybe…

IMG_4634

IMG_4637

IMG_4642

IMG_4643

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4645

Never know when live stock will be in your lane.

IMG_4646

Two years ago I went to a town called Patzcuaro, in all the guide books and information on the internet that I read this town was listed as one of the nicest in all of Mexico, but frankly I was not impressed, it just didn’t do anything for me and that is the first time I had disagreed with the books.  This feeling kept nagging away at me so today I had a chance to re-visit Patzcuaro and I did.

IMG_4649

IMG_4651

IMG_4650

Guess what my views are still the same, I found it dusty and a little dirty, no real atmosphere and the central plaza busy but not spectacular.  I did enjoy the market and bought 5 pounds of beautiful fresh strawberries.IMG_4652

IMG_4647 Love this photo.

IMG_4648

These little piggies for sure did go to the market!!!!IMG_4657

I don’t like to be negative about a town so I am going to say if you are in this area come to Patzcuaro and enjoy.

Back on the road again..IMG_4659

IMG_4666 IMG_4668

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4671

The sunset was brilliant but couldn’t do it justice with these shots.IMG_4675

IMG_4676

IMG_4677

It was a good day quite an easy 300 miles and I am now safely staying over night in a Pemex gas station outside of a town called Salvatierra.  Most of the gas stations are open 24 hours but this one is closed now and there is a nightwatchman who I have met and given a small token of my appreciation.IMG_4679

  I am about 2 hours drive away from SMA and will be there before lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...