Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday 21st March…..Happy first day of spring.

I said my last Mexican farewells to Barb and Frank ( It has been such a great joy to meet up with you 5 or 6 times in Mexico we have had some great times and some not so great times(when you both whipped me at Mexican Train) and I started the first leg of the long journey home.

I was on the road by 8.30 for what I knew was going to be a long day.  The first 125 miles to Puerto Vallarta are very narrow twisty roads.IMG_5104

Sometimes you get stuck behind something like this.IMG_5121

Some views of the area around P.V.IMG_5108

IMG_5105

IMG_5112

IMG_5114

IMG_5116

IMG_5117

I want to add a foot note here, all the above photos,  Heather, were taken whilst I was parked at the side of the road and NOT whilst I was driving,

Now do I prefer staying in Ramona or the top floor of this??IMG_5118

Can you believe how unsafe this is but you see it all the time.IMG_5119

I stopped in this small town to have a 30 minute break and a stretch.  Pulled onto a great side street until I came to this.IMG_5120 I did the famous Pearson 8 point turn around!!!!!

Abut one hour north of P.V. the roads became much better and mainly toll highways.IMG_5122

IMG_5123

 

 

 

 

 

 

I get asked quite often is it hard to drive Ramona and it is honestly very easy she handles really well and small enough to get me in trouble on some streets!!!  I have a bathroom(OK OK OK I know I don’t use it) fridge with food and drink and on a long day like today this IMG_5103 is worth a fortune.  My satellite radio today I listened for 5 hours to two live broadcasts of soccer games in England, makes the day go by.

I have a question how can someone who looks kinda cute

IMG_1810 and this time I mean myself and not Paola(she is beautiful)

look so ugly at other times??

IMG_5131

I wonder why I cannot find some one to like me!!!!!!!!

I was obviously driving too much today just having fun and yes Heather I am wearing my seat belt!!!

Tried to capture the sunset as best as I could.IMG_5128

IMG_5126

IMG_5133

Love this sky..IMG_5134

I broke my rule of not driving at night by about 30 minutes but after a full day of driving 400 miles found this Pemex gas stationIMG_5142

and I am in the back corner very safe and quiet.IMG_5143

It was a good day and the driving is no problem and now my run to the border is virtually all 2 lane highways in good repair.

Hope the first day of spring was a good one for everyone.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...