Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday 17th February 2019...the Tennis Slam!!

Today was the Tennis Valentine Slam day!!


It takes a bit of organization but I enjoy that part and at 1pm today 12 players met at the courts.........the numbers were perfect 6 women and men.....so I gave each lady a number from one to six and lined up the men and the teams were formed by a lady taking the man in line!!!!!.I was fortunate to be paired up with my  new friend and great player , Danna!!!


The rules, which I make and enforce, were that only red and white clothing could be worn...most complied although there were a few items of clothing that had to be removed!!!!   And of course a fine paid!!!


Singing was allowed on the courts only if the word LOVE was in the song!!

Throwing of rackets and other abuse would be met with heavy fines!!


So the rules are that each team play a 5 set game and we record the number of games won..we play each team and at the end the total number of games decides the top two teams.


Those teams then play off in the grand final!!!!


Everything went really well it was hot and we ran out of time to play the final match of the top two teams.....happy to say that Danna and I came second!!


Congratulations to Anne and Javier they received  the most games!!!!


I had spent a great deal of money on amazing prizes, really...you believe that??


Everyone got a prize and I am sad to tell you that I collected absolutely nothing for my travel fund!!!!!


It was a great afternoon, the temps were around 85 degrees...lots of fun and very enjoyable!!!!








Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

Dee Tillotson said...

Fun and happy looking group! Your red socks and red shoe laces were a nice touch for a Valentine's Match Faceoff.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...