Sunday, July 05, 2015

Sunday 5th July 2015…….play and rest!!!

No I did not have breakfast at Wimbledon this morning so there!!!!!  The only reason is they do not play on Sundays!!!!

I did however at 8.30 am go and play myself at the club, I still love saying that……but the weather!!!!

 

 


What the Danger Class Ratings mean:

Low
Fires may start easily and spread quickly but there will be minimal involvement of deeper fuel layers or larger fuels.

Moderate
Forest fuels are drying and there is an increased risk of surface fires starting. Carry out any forest activities with caution.

High
Forest fuels are very dry and the fire risk is serious. New fires may start easily, burn vigorously, and challenge fire suppression efforts. Extreme caution must be used in any forest activities. Open burning and industrial activities may be restricted.

Extreme
Extremely dry forest fuels and the fire risk is very serious. New fires will start easily, spread rapidly, and challenge fire suppression efforts. General forest activities may be restricted, including open burning, industrial activities and campfires.

The skies were so gray and the air quality non existent I think I took these shots as the sun came through but the camera does not do it any justice the sun was a crimson glow…

DSC04400

 

DSC04402

DSC04404

 

really bad conditions with record breaking high temperatures and no sign of any respite for at least a week…having said all that tennis was really good…I am enjoying my time on the courts!!!

Did some chores afterwards and came home and messed around this afternoon till it was time for the big game…the women’s world cup final, Japan the holders versus the USA…lots of hype for this game and it was held in Vancouver in front of 54 thousand fans and what a game…I will not tell you about it but Goggle it if you wish…..I think I saw one of the best goals I have ever seen in men’s or women’s soccer and the USA were crowned true champions!!!!

_84070342_carlilloyd_getty

_84070622_usa_celebrate_getty

I think the tournament was a huge success for Canada and FIFA especially after all the bad press the last month, record crowds and no major incidents.

Tonight a quiet night at home doing some reading and planning as I have a few road journeys coming along soon!!!

This shot was taken from the back deck where are the mountains!!!!

DSC04407

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...