Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday 19th May 2014....Day 42!!!

So Stella is all packed it is 9.30am




 and we are on our way to Hawkehead situated in the Lake District in the county of Cumbria......J & M have been to this area before but i have not so i am excited as the books and sites i have looked at show some lovely vistas, hikes and maybe even a couple of waterfalls!
Janet is an amazing woman and reminds me of my Mum, a tireless worker and she keeps this family going as well as providing for all our culinary needs and a long tradition in my family is the "Wingie"....




..My Mum always had wingies ready for me when i would visit they are just a nice sponge cake with whipped cream and Janet has continued in that tradition and was up early this morning making a fresh batch for the road trip!!!!
The trip was a good one about 4 hours not on major highways and it was sunny and warm.....the area we are going to is renown for rain so we are prepared for that...the camp site is very nice and we all have our own jobs to do in helping set up and about 45 minutes later we are ready this will be our home for the next 8 days....my job is the washer upper..i have told Janet when ever I am home she will not touch another dish so i have been washing up after every meal and will continue that here.


My home for the next 8 days..GT.....green tent next to Stella!!!!



Later in the afternoon I was anxious to get out exploring and got my boots on and away I went....they were all right it is so lovely out here everything so green and lush!!!
Here are a few photos of the village....
Amazing zoom on my camera the above photo was taken from on top of the hill by th church.
Janet cooked a great meal i did the dishes no getting ready for ...wait for it......this campsite has a shower room with a bath tub!!!!
Then i think the big scrabble competetion will begin......a really nice day!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...