Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday 23rd August 2013…an interesting day!!!

There is a hiking group here in town that go hiking every Sunday morning and today I had arranged to meet the founder who was going to show me some trails so I met Jock at 9am this morning and he very kindly showed me 6 different trails in various areas and trails that I shall be able to hike on my own in the weeks to come here are a few of the views…

DSCF0897

DSCF0902

DSCF0898

It was an enjoyable 4 hours and thanks Jock I now have some wonderful hikes for the coming weeks.

I had packed a lunch and after Jock dropped me off this was my picnic views..

DSCF0906

DSCF0904

After lunch I went out to visit with Linda and Guy and make sure all was well with them hard to believe it is a few weeks since we on the road coming to SMA.

At 4pm I went to a meeting and orientation for the English class I am going to be teaching in two weeks…this is the school

DSCF0908

DSCF0909

DSCF0910

The view from the first floor balcony

DSCF0916

The street to the school

DSCF0907

It was an interesting meeting and my class starts on 2nd September and I shall be teaching to adult Mexicans….it is something that will be a challenge but one I embrace and look forward to.

Did not get home till 7pm and after a long hot soak in the tub and some dinner settled in for the night.

Wish you all a happy and safe weekend!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...