Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday 14th April 2013….Day 33!!!

A different post today lots of time to think and reflect over the past week and my involvement with a rising star…first of all I want to thank Ashley’s Parents Pauline and Corning for the wonderful hospitality when I stayed there before I flew to Vancouver….they are so involved in their raising and guiding of Ashley that they found the time for me..thanks!!

Also thanks to Stella, Ashley’s wonderful Grandma and biggest supporter…every day we would meet before the games talk about what we could expect and hope for then I would make sure that Stella had a good seat, some shade and drinks and off I would go to my little corner of the court.  After the games we were able to take Ashley with us for a short break to lighten her mood… no talk of tennis I think that helped Ashley a lot….so thanks Stella you are a true friend.

Caron Stella’s other daughter also came down for some of the games and this lady is Ashley’s idol…they are like sisters and Caron’s calming effect on Ashley was huge…so thanks Caron.

John, Diana, Susan and Denis all took some time out of their busy and full lives to come and  support this Super kid..so thanks.

Finally to all my special friends who have e mailed me wanting up dates…also the folks who read this blog….I am touched by your interest!!!

Ashley in my humble opinion has all the tools and qualities to be a future star in the tennis world..the road she will travel will be arduous, tough and demanding but also the rewards could be phenomenal….that she is blessed with a natural talent coupled with such hard work has propelled her to the elite status in the USA and perhaps the Continent……..she needs lots of coaching both on and off the court but I truly believe she has the power to do this and perhaps lastly she is just a sensitive, kind, caring and lovely young lady who I am so proud to call my friend and buddy…..after every single game, even the final loss, there was always a hug for me and a “Thanks for coming”…

This has been a special week of my life and I have many of those I am lucky to say but this one counts high so Ashley when you read this be proud you did what I simply always asked you to do….”leave it on the court”   I love you kiddo!!!!

 

Pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...