Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday 27th February 2013…what a day!!!

Boring I know BUT tennis again at 9am and it was another wonderful 2 hours…..from there I went to my casita where I met the technician and got the Vonage phone installed and up and running….from there it was to poker where I donated 80 pesos to my good buddies….home for 30 minutes of frustrating calls to the Government in Canada again…….and then 5pm back to the poker room for my Spanish lesson….this is the first time that I feel I am at last getting a little ahead Lily and I were able to converse most of the time in Spanish admittedly very broken Spanish but she tells me she is very proud of me and my progress…Friday will be my last lesson until I come back from my big trip but I fully intend to continue with my studies.

So eventually arrived home at 6.30pm and did some laundry and then had supper, a shower, had a nice conversation with Carolyn and now the really good news…..I got a call from Heather in Nanaimo where I live when I am on the Island…Heather has my Power of Attorney and she told me she just pulled out all her tax forms and found the form that I am required to send to the Government in amongst her files….so this I hope will mean no more calls to Canada and that when they receive this that will be it  and my first pension cheque should arrive in June…Thanks Heather saved me lots of time, trouble and calls.

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...