Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday 22nd July 2010…..a mixed bag of stuff!!!

So going back to yesterday afternoon I went to the airport to wait for Sara this is the view backing the airport

July 22 002

The flight arrived at 3pm

July 22 005

July 22 008

She looks happy to see me…I think!!!

July 22 010

We had about 4 hours before she had to come back to the airport but it had started to rain and was cool so we drove into town and got a coffee and I made a sandwich and we sat in Ramona and talked and then the challenge of Backgammon was too strong……now I want you all to know that I have had so many defeats at the hand of this lovely woman and I always loose graciously…well today I won and was proud and happy to prance around holding the Stanley Cup of Backgammon and asked Sara to get this monumental photo documented…….

July 22 011 do you think someone is not such a good sport?????

Soon it was time to drop Sara at the airport and I continued my journey with the weather not getting any better.

July 22 013

Stopped at a rest area for dinner and had company watching

July 22 016

These signs were at the rest area…

July 22 014

July 22 015

Saw another bear!!!

July 22 018

I drove till about 10pm and pulled into the parking lot at the Visitors service centre in Fraser Lake and it looked like a good place to spend the night.

Woke up refreshed and feeling good at 7am and headed down the road and arrived here at 9am

July 22 020

I found the Rv repair shop and they took me in right away and 30 minutes later and 115 dollars lighter in the wallet Ramona was equipped with brand new shower head control and all is well.  I can well recommend RN Motors if in this area.

Kept on driving and I am now in the Visitors service centre at Quesnel.  These visitors centres are so great!!!!!  Wonderful helpful staff, free wifi signal and I found two hikes to go on this afternoon.

The itinerary from here is after the hikes to go to Williams Lake and spend the night and I hope in the morning to visit my great friend Eileen who moved here last fall.  Eileen is getting home from Vancouver today so I do hope she will be up for a visit in the morning.

Then tomorrow night it is on to Cache Creek to see the African Children's choir who are performing a concert.  I saw they about 5 years ago and they are incredible so looking forward to that.  Then Saturday heading to Vancouver to meet up with Sara and visit with her family for the weekend.

So there you are all caught up I hope I can post sometime over the weekend but you know I have to be on my best behaviour when I meet Sara’s family, sometimes hard for me to do…..have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...