Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday 14th July 2010…..well it finally HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!

Please ignore the above date I am having trouble posting this blog, hope this comes through!!!

Yesterday was a bit gloomy, cool and a few showers so in the morning I spent a long time over breakfast and newspaper reading catch up.

The Doctor comes to the clinic every Wednesday so the staff including Sara go here for lunch

iskut10 002

this is inside the restaurant

iskut10 001 Sara said the food was really good.

I spent the afternoon going for a drive looking for the entrance off the highway to another long hike I have been told about.  I think I found it and will attempt the hike tomorrow.

Sara was not on call last night so I thought she might enjoy a picnic so we took off after she finished work and headed down the highway, unfortunately the weather was not great.

We went about 25 miles north to here

iskut10 003

iskut10 004

iskut10 005

This river is according to the travel books one of the most feared rivers in the world for paddlers.

We had an indoor picnic and enjoyed the view of the river.

So I bet you are thinking what did finally happen???   Well what can I say I challenged the Maestro to a game of Backgammon and what can I SAY!!!!!!

The photo tells all!!!!!

iskut10 007

Interesting sign…

iskut10 008

Some sights on the way home..

iskut10 013

iskut10 017

iskut10 014

When we got home we watched a good movie, Primal Fear with Richard Gere….

This morning again a little dark but gradually getting brighter I am preparing lunch for Sara and in the afternoon going to clean up Ramona and go for a short hike. 

Tomorrow is when I plan another big hike…so stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

Yes, northerners do tend to decorate with dead animals... What can I say....

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...