Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday 12th July 2010…..sluggish day

After Sara went to work at 8.30am I felt really tired from being awoken in the middle of the night so I turned over and slept till 10am!!!!!

Did some chores around the house caught up on some paper work and had Sara’s lunch ready for her when she came home at noon.

In the afternoon took off to follow the stream north

iskut8 002

iskut8 003

 

The narrow path was easy to follow and I reckon I went about 2 miles before deciding to turn around.  iskut8 006I realize I am in bear country and out in the very remote part of the woods and felt just a bit uneasy even though I saw no signs of any animals.  I did meet an old local man on an ATV with 2 five gallon water jugs on the back rack he stopped and we chatted and he told me was going to get water from the stream  he said it was clear and fresh.

On the way back into town I met a man, Oliver,  that Sara and I were talking to at the music festival, he was the one who told me of the trail leading up to the bluff of the mountain behind the complex where we are staying.  I told him I went looking for the path yesterday but couldn’t find the right turn off so he told me again where it was.  He also asked me if I had bear spray and when I said no he went into his house and gave me a can and told me how to use it and to bring it back when I came back.  He also told me to be very aware and that the trip would be an awesome adventure.  So tomorrow I plan to do the hike it should take the best part of all day.  I have also figured out some small chimes that I can attach to my back pack.

Sara was home at 5pm and I am sure she must be tired after a long day and the middle of the night call she had BUT not too tired to do this to me again!!!!!!

iskut8 007

We had a good supper, we always eat well, had tea and some ‘Wingies” and watched TV and had an early night!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...