Monday, October 22, 2007


You are not going to believe this....
it is now 6.30p.m. and not a drop of rain has fallen....Woke up with the Lucy kiss at 6am and a beautiful warm sunny day, the best day so far. Had my breakfast packed up some lunch and off by 9am for the big city of San Jose. This was really a bit of a daunting task for even a well travelled adventurer like myself. All the books I have read warn of the traffic, the pollution and the very clever street crime of pick pockets. I went with no expectations hid my little bit of money and an open mind. The bus that came by said San Jose so again for 270 colonies (Nanaimo Transit Authority take note!!!!) I got on and this driver obviously was unaware of the Guiness book of records because they were empty seats on this bus. The ride took about 35 minutes and for the most part it was open country and green hills till the last 10 minutes when it all changes and the city is upon you. I took the bus to the terminal in down town. I had done some research and knew where I wanted to go but of course the streets are not named and I have found out in the past that the Latin culture forbids them from not knowing and telling you where anything is even, if they have no idea where the place you asking about is. I knew where I wanted to go but I did find a police man who spoke a little English and I found the pedestrian walk way. The streets were crammed with vehicles and the driver's are not people friendly. There was hustle and bustle and not many tourists. I enjoyed the sights and embracing all there was to offer. I sat on a bench where the photo of the musicians is taken and had my lunch, an older gentleman came and sat down on the same bench and we spoke, him in Spanish and me in Spanglish, lots of smiles especially when I gave him one of my cookies!!!! I then found the churches, the National Theatre, see the bird flying above the top of this building. The older square with the famous yellow arches in the back ground. The indoor market was interesting and the smells of the plants, coffee and aroma's I couldn't indentify. I was a little reluctant in taking photos I think it may not be the done thing here so I shall have to watch out for that. The city was not really exciting hard to explore on foot but I am pleased that I went down and probalby will not come back down town. After getting just a little lost, as opposed to a lot lost I eventually found my way back to the bus station and got back home about 5pm. It was an interesting day but I was glad to be back in the confines of this small town.

This modern world is amazing the whole time I have been writing this blog I have been listening to the Canucks hockey game on the computer.
Hope the weather is changing, today was just beautiful.....sorry for the long post...

PS. Would you believe this I have just found out that I have to add two more names to the "got you with the operation story" again not to mention names but now Heather and Mary and the pleasure of Annie and Barbara's company!!!!!

























No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...