Monday, October 29, 2007




This is a long story and it is also one of those "you had to be there" stories so please read and hope you have as much fun with it as I did......

My Mum, bless her, years ago instilled in me the art of making a bed , she told me when you get up you fold back the sheets over the bottom of the bed so it "airs" the sheets, then in the afternoon you pull them back and make the bed, in case you have visitors!! She never actually said that I just put that in to spice up the story!!!!!

So last night whilst watching the Rockies self destruct in the World Series I did laundry and went to bed last night with fresh clean sheets. This morning I "listened" to my Mum and pulled back the sheets and left the bedroom door open and went for a run. I had decided to give Lucy a shower when I got back so I set everything up by the shower because I knew it would be more than her getting wet. After the run put Lucy on her leash and got her over to the shower and we had a merry old time getting her washed, actually she was really good and did sit whilst I shampooed her and washed her and got her dried the best I could with a towel. Then let her back into the house, as I was just as wet as Lucy I jumped straight into my shower and whilst getting dry I hear this noise in my bedroom and go in to find Lucy on my bed, on my clean sheets, spinning around lying down rubbing her back getting dry.......it was so funny but she moved` away to fast for me to get a picture but it did remind me of one of those Visa commercials where they show the value of a few things and the end result priceless, this was like that......so now back to the laundry....

My post on Saturday about the visit to the small town of Santa Anna and the beautiful church was in fact incorrect, that was not Santa Anna, in fact don't know where it is BUT I now have directions to the real Santa Anna and that is where I am on my way to now....we will see what happens, have a great afternoon...

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...