Wednesday, October 24, 2007


This morning the sun was so very hot I don't think I have been in heat that like that, I think maybe the close proximity to the equator the stronger the sun's ray. Did house work this morning and then lounged around outside and worked on planning some day trips over the next few days. My first one will be tomorrow to a huge coffee plantation, that is funny as I have only ever had one cup of coffee in my life!!!!! I have to make my way to a down town hotel to pick up the tour, sounds like it is going to be an interesting day. I went for my run and just stayed`around the house enjoying the sun and the breeze and reading, listening to music and getting ready for the first game of the World series tonight, I am cheering for the Rockies especially as they have a local Vancouver boy pitching tonight. As the rains started at 3pm I sat out on the gazebo watching the clouds move in and cover almost the waterfall. It was really neat to watch how they form at the top and gradually inch their way down the canyon side, pretty mystical spectacle to watch.
Had to make some telephone calls to find out about some of the tours and the people I spoke with were all very pleasant and fluent in English but I do wish I could make myself understood in Spanish, but I am doing better, trying to read everyday and learn new vocabulary.

Well I want to thank everyone who e mails me and for their kind comments about the blog, it really is a lot of fun for me to do this and I try to share and bring you all along with me, in dispersed with that wacky English sense of humour.

I want to make special mention to my friend Chris who by his own choice offered to put the blog on paper and disc for me. The great job he did on my first journey to Mexico last winter was incredible. He spends hours doing this for me ( and yes he gets re-reimbursed with donuts from Tim Horton's on my return) and the end product was worthy of any literacy agent. So maybe we may publish the blog in book form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Chris, mucho gusto.....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...