Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday 18th November 2018..Road trip day 1!!!!!!

Hit the road at 5.30 am and it was still a bit dark so I took it very carefully until the sun rose and the blue skies appeared!!!



Hey this guy is going the wrong way....No..the trucks are being towed!!!

Really not much in the shape of scenery just nice fast toll roads until the mountains outside of Monterrey!!!!!


This GPS that I bought in Australia a few years ago has been a great servant!!
Amazing the power of this little man he caused traffic delays of about 30 minutes!!!!
Before I left home I had a choice of which border to cross and I weighed my options and chose down town Laredo even though I knew it was a holiday weekend....

I had great directions and found the Immigration office where I had to hand in my Tourist visa and then back ibto my car and into this line where they collected my TIP car permit and I was set...
Set to join the traffic log jam......all I am going to say is.....it was nuts!!!!
Getting closer to the border bridge..
The ticket booth for the bridge...and that is when it happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following contains graphic descriptions which may not be suitable for all readers///

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

It was a hot day and I was downing OJ...water...lemonade like crazy what I was not expecting was a two hour delay in traffic and just after going through the booth below I had to resort to PLAN X!!!!!

What is that you may ask?

It is plan when you just have to go to the bathroom and you are stuck in the car....I think you can use your imagination but take into account I had to avoid the cameras on the bridge ...all the venders and all the other car drivers in high up pick up trucks!!!!!!

I did manage the deed but will have to buy a new water bottle tomorrow.......if you do not know what I am talking about....welllllll...............
At the border was asked no questions no search and waved right through.....

I arrived at my airbnb exactly 13 hours after I left home...my hostess Francisca was not home but had left me a key and instructions  and as you can see my room is lovely......

I had a long hot shower a cup of tea and feel human again....it was a long day about 890 km but the traffic made it a bit of a long day but now I feel good........I do not thin I mentioned here but my credit card was compromised a week ago and cancelled so I had my bank mail a new card to this address and happily it was waiting for me.....

I will have a good night's sleep and then try and take some back roads to my airbnb in Austin where I am staying for 4 nights.....I come back to this airbnb on Friday for two nights....

Little Bluey was her usual great self and no problems at all.....

Wish you all a great sleep!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

You guys are so lucky to have (shall I say) outdoor plumbing to help in getting out of those situations called Plan X. LOL! Whew! However, it does seem the intake of all those fluids must have helped you with the cold.

Back roads to Austin probably is a good idea. The parkways have a few tolls and, If I remember correctly, the speed limits in many places on the parkways were 80 mph, definitely not relaxed driving. Although on the back roads, San Marco can get a little crowded on the way to Austin. I agree, the GPS is one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread! However, since we commonly use the GPS now, if I forget to bring it in the car, I become one dumb broad in remembering directions; we don't have to use our brain anymore.

Safe travels.

mexicokid said...

Yes thanks feel much better there is a Travel centre just outside of town and I shall stop there this morning they are I have found always a great source of local information have a great day les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A good travel day. Out door plumbing is awesome!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...