Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday 17th August 2016...well it was great whilst it lasted!!!!


I would love to start this telling you to check yesterday and the day before but unfortunately the rain returned but it did not dampen my day!!



Spent the morning doing some planning and making some bookings..




I found this site and I think I will do a similar journey to this...


The term “road trip” has the roar of a Chevrolet, the lure of never-ending Californian freeways, and nuances of the wild freedom of Beat writer Jack Kerouac. But here we were in the Highlands, about to embark on the recently launched North Coast 500, a new coastal route billed as Scotland’s answer to the US Route 66.
It forms a loop around the whole northern tip of Scotland, from Inverness, close to our home, to John O’Groats in the north-east, along the stark sea of the north to Durness, then down the convoluted west coast before turning inland at the Applecross peninsula. The itinerary was designed by the North Highland Initiative, a non-profit organisation established by Prince Charles to spread the love across less-visited parts of the northern Highlands.



The only difference is that I will going from Applecross around to Inverness or something similar!!
Around noon I packed and sorted out all the recycling and went to the depot in town only to find that it does not open on Wednesday.
Came home had the dogs out and the rain lightened a little and I decided still to go on my hike similar to where I went yesterday but a different route...

The purple heather is everywhere...



I got to the top of the hill


I reckon I walked about 8 km and I enjoyed the fresh air......
Came back and had a long hot soak in the tub with Epsom salts, cooked a little light dinner and now going to enjoy an evening of Olympic, a good soccer semi final soon......
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...