Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday 29th August 2016....welcome to Bonny Scotland!!!!

It was different to wake up with a family in my "home"!!!!
The dogs are sure happy to see the girls and I think they slept in their room last night...after saying very fond farewells and many thanks Austin drove me to Kingscourt a small town about 10 minutes drive away where I boarded a bus that took me into the center of Dublin.
It was about a 7 minute walk from there to the central bus station where I boarded a bus for the airport and about 20 minutes later I was at terminal one really a very easy journey.
I was pre checked and had my boarding card so I slowly walked to the gate and waited in line to board the plane...

As you can see it is a full plane except for the last row but one!!!!
I was seated in the aisle on the very last row and as I said the flight was full except the row in front of me on both sides of the aisle were empty whether this was for balance or weight restrictions I don't know but I asked the attendant if I could move to the window of the empty row and she said sure so I did...
and managed to get some pretty good and interesting shots!!






It seemed like the plane just reached maximum altitude and then started the descent only a 45 minute flight!!!

My bag arrived and I walked outside the terminal straight onto an airport bus that for 6 pounds took me in to the center of Glasgow....from here I walked maybe 300 yards to my rental car company...this is a company I had not heard of before called Sixt but apparently they are a German company and very popular in Europe!!
The man was very pleasant and handed me the keys...



I would like you to meet my new best friend........gran coche negro!!!!!
Which is Spanish for big black car!!!

It drives great and with my trusty Sat Nav arrived at my airbnb at 5.00 pm!!!!
Helena was there to greet me and my room is just what I need!!!


Helena showed me the house which is small but tastefully decorated she showed me the kitchen and said I could help myself to any food I wanted..she also told me that breakfast was provided but because she leaves for work at 7.45 am I could stay make my own breakfast and when I leave lock up the house and put the key through the letter box...how nice and trusting.
I did not feel like going out so I had some yogurt and then myself a nice tasty egg salad toasted sandwich!!!
After a long hot shower I noticed that Helena was watching the Edinburgh Tattoo and I asked if I could join her and she said sure...I love these kinds of shows and of course had great memories of 4 years ago when Janet and Sam and Malc and I came to Edinburgh for the same Tattoo!!

Going to do some route planning for tomorrow feels good to be back on the road again(sorry Willie Nelson)!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

7 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I had a great time in Scotland. Had a Loch Ness tour with the local milk man. What a riot!

mexicokid said...

that sounds like a lot of fun how did you arrange that? cheers es

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A small note on the bulletin board at the train station. £5.00 tour of Loch Ness start here at 07:00. So I was there at 07:00 and the mikman drove by and asked if I was here for the tour! The rest is history. What a day! We even had lunch at his mom's place alomg the way...

mexicokid said...

OK I am going to look for that thanks les

mexicokid said...

question train station in what town L

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It was the train station in Inverness. I arrived there from Aberdeen... After that I took the "Clansman" train to London and had a fantastic dinner on the train in the dining car...

mexicokid said...

ok thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...