Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday 14th May 2010…catching up

On the drive home after the float plane on Wednesday afternoon I saw a black bear on the side of the road and then it ran across in front of the car and jumped a 2 foot wall on the opposite side.  I know lots of you have seen bears before and for me it is only my third real sighting and it was just amazing the only negative was that I had my camera on a strap around my neck and when I went for it the camera got stuck on my seat belt and then it was too late.

I did some yard work at Sara’s and yesterday came back to Nanaimo in time to donate some of my money to my poker buddies, by now you will probably realize that my run of bad luck in games of scrabble, backgammon and dice with Sara is flowing over into poker!!!!

This morning it was more grunt work as I helped my friend Karen prune her hedges in the yard, this is like an annual ritual that I do this and Karen was so kind she bought a new electric clipper for the job, she also treated me to a lovely lunch.

Then back to my family on the bank and I helped a little with window cleaning and various odd jobs as this is a very special weekend for them.  Their oldest son Ben is graduating high school this year and tomorrow is the big Prom day so Heather and Kirby are having a small (about 80) people over for a little party tomorrow afternoon before the kids go off for their big evening, it should be a great day for everyone.  I have volunteered to do a 4 hour security shift at the school at 4pm tomorrow so I look forward to that.

So there you are caught up on me and a photo less blog……wish you all a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...