Thursday, June 21, 2007

For my older readers a tip to keep healthy!!!!!!!

Just came across this exercise suggested for
older adults, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It
seems
so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my friends. The article
suggested doing it three days a week.
Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of
room at
each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms
straight
out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to
reach a
full minute, and then relax.
Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit
longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb
potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a
100-lb
potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a
full
minute. (I'm at this level).
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the
sacks.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...