Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday 28 th February 2020...Day 19!!!

The morning routine is now set......the boys come to my bedside around 6.15am and politely inform me it is time to go for a walk......


So we go out and around the block and come back for breakfast and that is all the care they need.


Today was a big day for me because I drove up to Pepperdine University it is a beautiful campus over looking the ocean 








and I met Stella and Caron and got to watch Ashley play a doubles and a singles match.


I have know Stella and Caron for almost twenty years and Stella introduced me to her grand daughter, Ashley, when she was 12 years old.....she has been playing tennis since a really young kid and I have read about her exploits and infrequently seen her play since, but I have not seen her for three years.


Caron is Ashley’s Aunt and a huge supporter so it was nice for them to be there along with Ashley parents, Pauline and Corning!!


This was a big inter collegiate matchup against the fourth ranked team, Texas Longhorns .


Ashley and he partner won the doubles game, overpowered their opponents!!





There are very committed to the concept of team!!!


Watching the final match...











Then in the singles match Ashley downed her opposite number in two sets and that victory vaulted her to the number two ranked player in the country.


It was a great day for the team as they won all their matches.


What a joy for me to be in the stadium and watch her...she is strong, tall and very competitive.....hard to believe she graduates in May and has some major decisions to make about her sporting career and her medical career.


So nice to get a shot with her and a treat to be around my friends on a special day!!





The drive back in rush hour traffic took twice as long as it did to get there...





Took care of the dogs when I got home and got showered and dressed and went again down town this time to the huge old theatre to hear this band...





The place was full about 2000 people and they had them dancing in the aisles, a good night!!


That was a long but special day for me!!,


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...