Thursday, December 07, 2017

Thursday 7th December 2017...yesterday was this and that..today that and this!!!!

I was not scheduled for tennis this morning so took the opportunity to have a long and leisurely breakfast morning..then did some planning and researching on the computer..I am starting to look at what I want to do next summer... I do know I shall be at some point visiting my family in England!!

I then went walking into town and saw some interesting sights on the way!!

This is the church close to where I play tennis and I could hear the drums a long way away

and thought was celebration is this??

Obviously it was not....I sat on a close by bench and just listened to the vibrant beat and to see the dances all in unison.....they played and danced for maybe 20 minutes until some men came and took the coffin inside the church!!!

These kids on their break came to watch...what i really like about the schools here even the small ones in the Campos..the kids all wear uniform!!!

My next stop was a bakery on the Ancha...I have been going here for years and outside every morning is this young man with the freshest and a great assortment of veggies.....check out what is in the photo...and his prices are really good!!!
Further down the street one of the nicer hotels and their front entrance!!
I see this old timer quite a bit pushing around his ice cream wagon...I hope he has a good sales day!!!
Seems every corner is getting ready for the holidays!!!
In my opinion the scourge of Mexico......the national drink!!!!
This street just re opened it had been closed for nearly 4 months whilst they completely re paved it...each one of those stones was laid by hand!!!
Can you imagine this being allowed in your country???
There are many of these little stores through out the town...just a room front....
This  one selling delicious fresh juices!!!
Jen has the front of the house looking festive!!!!


Just another day in Mexico!!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, was the casket display and the festivities around the casket a true funeral or was there some symbolism in having the casket there during festivities? If it were a funeral, looks like a great "Celebration of Life" event. The Irish in the US have been doing this for years in the old days at their wakes before the funerals, just differently with lots of whiskey and toasts with the deceased present.

It looks so nice and warm there; we are freezing our butts off. I know, I know, we are pansies. You (and Croft) have that thick Canadian blood. Croft reminded me that it is warmer on Vancouver Island now than it is from Texas to the US East coast. Can you believe it snowed in Houston early this morning? So strange!

Dee Tillotson said...

PS. The weatherman on TV this morning said that the snow fall in Houston was the second snow fall in that city in recorded history.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...