Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Wednesday 6th July 2016...will someone please

tell Janet and Malcolm that I RETIRED 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They worked for almost 5 hours at the Salvation Army kitchen today serving around 50 men and women a hot dinner BUT before they left I got the chore list again!!!!!

This time it was to trim the big bush and hedge that is encroaching on the neighbors yard!!!!

I should have taken before and after photos but I forgot but I spent over an hour up and down a ladder but the hedge looks I think great...cleaned up my mess and was able to relax in the garden and enjoy the rest of the morning until it was time to start preparing dinner for them.....I got the Pearson special ready and all it needed was to be cooked.

They came home loved the "new" bush and we all settled down for an afternoon and evening of tennis and soccer.

First saw Roger come back from 2 sets down to win a great 5 setter and advance to the semi final....then it was cooking time for me
this was the end result afterwards so I take this as  a good sign!!!


Dessert I must admit was store bought...but lovely.
We then watched another thrilling 5 set tennis game and this time local favorite Andy Murray survived to advance and after that straight to the football hoping Wales could pull off a big upset over Portugal but it was not to be.......

So that was my good day!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

No more suspenseful Scrabble games??? :)

mexicokid said...

Too busy watching Tellie!!!!!Les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I like the tilework behind the cooking hob. It's nice to read that you are earning your keep.

mexicokid said...

and then some!!!! Cheers L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...