Saturday, July 23, 2016

Saturday 23rd July 2016....a day road trip!!!

It was a gorgeous day and J & M and I decided to take advantage and take a trip and at the last minute Sam decided to come along with us......

Malc did all the driving and our first stop was

I always enjoy walking around lavender gardens and taking in the lovely aromas!!


Then we drove on roads like these

 to get to our next stop
You know it is a good day for me when I get to see a waterfall!!!
J & M took a little walk and Sam and I scrambled to the top of the falls...

We sat in the little rest area and had a lovely light lunch that Janet had made and saw these signs which are good mantra's for life!!!
Finally we drove to the coast and past these  sleeping lovelies
 and my favorite cows, Belted Galloway!!!


 had an hour walking around this town...

I left J & M and Sam and walked off on my own first up to the fantastic Abbey!!!



I then walked through the narrow streets

to the other side of the estuary

I then treated us all to a fish and chip dinner and we arrived home around 8.00 pm...thanks Malc for save driving!!!!

A lovely day and my next blog will be from Belfast!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...